|Navigation:||Main Page → Civilized Areas → Gehen|
|Population size||Very large|
|Local laws|| Standard Law|
Gehen (pronounced ge-henn) is the Demonic capital city. It is a very large town located in the Southern Zone.
Gehen was founded by demonic creatures in E5-2, shortly after the beginning of Era 5. Chronologically, it was the second town founded in modern history, just a year after Cloud Ten, the Angelic capital.
As the Demonic capital, it is the largest and most populous of the towns controlled by Hell, Inc., with nineteen residential areas. The population is very diverse, home to a majority of demonic creatures, followed by roughly equivalent numbers of humans, halflings and youkai, as well as a significant minority population of magicians and psionics.
The local strip club, Club Asmodeus, is one of the most popular in the Mazes, due in large part to its unique selection of Demonic performers. It is second only in popularity to Club 380 of Garica Block.
Gehen is often considered to be one of, if not the most important town in the Southern Zone, as well as one of the most culturally significant in the world. Gehen's Sanctum is also known as the Great Sanctum, and serves as a direct line of communication between the Mazes and Hell's Board of Directors, said to reside in a realm outside of the Mazes' dimension. This realm is also believed to be where all demonic creatures are born or created before being sent into the Mazes.
- Angelic creatures are not allowed to enter and will be attacked on sight if they attempt to get past the Town Gate.
- Individuals and groups known to be associated with Heaven, Ltd. or prominent Angelic figures will be refused entry; refusal to comply will be punished with extreme prejudice.
- Spreading pro-Angelic propaganda or generally displaying an overly positive or tolerant view of Angelics may result in removal from the town. Repeat offenders may be considered "associated with Heaven" (see above).
- As per Demonic customs and regulations, various offenses outlined in Standard Law may not as actively enforced in Demonic towns.
- Specific minor offenses (voyeurism, exhibitionism, verbal abuse, gross public behavior) tend to be tolerated and generally won't be stopped by local Town Security.
- Demonic towns have a tendency to underreport certain cases that would be considered acts of slavery or sexual assault in other communities, due in large part to Demonic beliefs on sexual behavior.
Local town facilities
If a local shop or facility has a name or belongs to a particular chain, it is italicized.
- Food production: Hell Horns of Plenty
- Residential hub:
- Shop hub: 9 of 10 emplacements open
- Social Square facilities:
- Special facility: Sanctum