|Navigation:||Main Page → Civilized Areas → Facilities → Individual shop → Convenience store|
A convenience store is a type of individual shop. In Youkai-go, a convenience store is called a konbini (コンビニ). Convenience stores sell a variety of common, everyday supplies, such as food, ammunition, meds, and various other items.
Convenience stores are guaranteed in each town and are found in the Social Square Center instead of the Shop Hub.
Like with weapon retailers (Forges, gun shops and weapon shops), convenience stores may belong to one of five different chains. Each chain offers different services, such as raffle tickets, additional items, or donation boxes.
- Towns: 24 hours a day, six days per week. Closed on Breakday for inventory.
- Intersections: 12 hours a day (night shift only), six days per week. Closed on Breakday for inventory.
Convenience stores sell the following items:
- A fixed assortment of various items. See the section below.
Convenience stores may also:
- Does not buy back items. All sales are final.
- Accept payment in cash or appraised valuables
- Provide store credit (valid at all stores of the same chain)
- Shops do not normally return change; it is automatically converted into store credit instead.
- Transfer store credit into a customer's bank account (for a fee, see Bank).
- Provide a delivery service into a customer's bank vault (for a fee and if the vault has enough space remaining, see Bank)
Convenience stores sell a fixed assortment of items divided into four aisles:
Fixed selection of food items in four rows, 1d20 of each:
|Name||Type||ntri||wtr||Effects||Wgt||Cost (in )||Notes|
|Bag of peanut chocolates, small size (27)||Snacks||270||-27||None||0.5||5.60||Real quantity: 27 (10 ntri, -1 wtr per candy)|
|Bag of popcorn, plain||Snacks||387||0||None||1||9.00|
|Fortune cookie||Snacks||30||0||Contains a piece of paper with a random &rumor||0.25||0.40|
|Fruit bar, apple and raspberry||Snacks||150||-1||None||0.25||3.00|
|Milk and cereal bar||Snacks||413||-29||None||0.25||6.50|
|Peanut caramel bar||Snacks||490||-21||None||0.25||7.50||"It's payday, fellas!"|
|Energy bar||Snacks||200||-23||Strength +10% (10 turns), Fatigue -2.0%, Stress +0.2%||0.25||10.00|
|Bag of honey-roasted nuts||Snacks||683||-14||None||1||12.00|
|Name||Type||ntri||wtr||Effects||Wgt||Cost (in )||Notes|
|Bottle of beer, blonde ale||Beverage||40||31||Inebriation +0.3, Addictive (Alcohol)||1||7.50||Contains 5 parts (ntri/wtr and effects listed are per part).|
|Bottle of red wine||Beverage||85||29||Inebriation +1.4, Addictive (Alcohol)||2||20.00||Contains 5 parts (ntri/wtr and effects listed are per part).|
|Bottle of sake||Beverage||134||26||Inebriation +2.0, Addictive (Alcohol)||2||45.00||Contains 5 parts (ntri/wtr and effects listed are per part).|
|Bottle of mineral water||Beverage||0||169||None||1||1.00||Can also be crafted by using empty plastic bottles on sinks, showers, and other sources of water.|
|Can of apple juice||Beverage||152||97||None||0.5||6.00|
|Can of orange juice||Beverage||148||98||None||0.5||6.00|
|Can of grape juice||Beverage||188||92||None||0.5||6.65|
|Can of energy drink||Beverage||235||110||Agility +1, Alertness increase (20 turns), Fatigue -5.0%, Stress +0.5%||0.5||16.50|
|Cup of coffee, black||Beverage||14||48||Agility +1, Alertness increase (10 turns), Fatigue -4.0%, Stress +0.4%||0.5||1.50|
|Cup of tea, black||Beverage||0||49||Agility +1, (8 turns), Fatigue -1.0%, Stress +0.1%||0.5||3.30|
|Cup of tea, green||Beverage||0||50||Agility +1, (5 turns), Fatigue -2.0%, Stress +0.2%||0.5||3.30|
Fixed selection of ammunition boxes (1d10 boxes of each) and hand grenades (1d8 of each):
|Caliber||Ammunition type||Rounds per box||Cost (in )|
|.22 Long Rifle||Standard FMJ||50||5|
|9x19mm Parabellum||Standard FMJ||50||50|
|.38 Special||Standard FMJ||50||50|
|.357 Magnum||Standard FMJ||50||100|
|.40 S&W||Standard FMJ||50||75|
|.45 ACP||Standard FMJ||50||100|
|12 gauge||Standard P-Buck||10||70|
|20 gauge||Standard P-Buck||10||55|
|5.56x45mm NATO||Standard FMJ||20||60|
|7.62x51mm NATO||Standard FMJ||20||100|
|7.62x54mm R||Standard FMJ||20||120|
|Weapon||Cost (in )|
Fixed selection of meds 1d20 of each:
|Name||Appearance||Effects||Wgt||Cost (in )||Notes|
|Individual Bandage (IB)||N/A||Cures 1 light wound.||0.1||25|
|Cigarette||N/A|| Agility +1, FT -1 for 10 turns
|0.1||10||Requires 1 unit of lighter fuel, or 1 match, or a suitable fire source, to use.|
|Cannabis joint||N/A|| Agility -1, Pain Regeneration Rate +2% /turn for 20 turns, Stress -1.0%
|0.1||15||Requires 1 unit of lighter fuel, or 1 match, or a suitable fire source, to use.|
|Epoetin-alfa||Syringe||Blood +0.2/turn, -30 ntri/turn, +0.4% Fatigue/turn for 20 turns||0.1||100|
|Paracetamol||White tablet||Pain -15%||0.1||50|
|Lighter||25||1||Also counts as a key item.|
|Mobile phone battery||50||0.1|
|Box of 250 safety matches||5||1||Strike-anywhere matches that can be used as a consumable source of fire for a variety of items (lighting cigarettes, Molotov cocktails...)|
|Mini-bag of 5 safety matches||0.10||1||Small version of the box of 250.|
|Portable Stove Kit (PSK)||200||2||Shortened to PSK. Requires a butane gas canister to use. Can be used to cook raw meat.|
|Butane gas canister||200||1||Holds up to 200 gas fuel units. Fuel for the PSK.|
|Roll of duct tape||25||1||Holds up to 10 units of duct tape. Found in various colors (use &color to determine)|
|Empty plastic bottle||0.10||1||Can also be obtained by emptying bottles of certain drinks (water, milk, coffee, tea, chocolate drink, lemonade, orange drink, vanilla drink, cola drink)|
|Rag||1||1||See below for long-form notes on the crafting items page.|
|Book||10||1||Each book on the shelf has a different title|
Convenience store chains
Each chain has a particular extra service or gimmick differentiating them from the others.
24-Seven: The original convenience store chain in the Mazes. Customers get 1 free raffle ticket for every 250 spent per visit at their stores. (e.g. if the total purchases total 307, the customer gets 1 ticket). Roll a 1d100 per ticket:
- 1-60: Losing ticket
- 61-65: 25 24-Seven store credit
- 66-70: 50 24-Seven store credit
- 71-75: 100 24-Seven store credit
- 76-80: 150 24-Seven store credit
- 81-85: 250 24-Seven store credit
- 86-90: 500 24-Seven store credit
- 91-95: 1000 24-Seven store credit
- 96-99: Jackpot prize (usually 2000 24-Seven store credit, some stores may offer special items with an equivalent value instead)
- 100: Super Jackpot prize (usually 5000 24-Seven store credit, some stores may offer special items with an equivalent value instead)
Fusco's Bodega: A convenience store chain opened by a former member of the Police. Sells extra items oriented towards Police officers.
- 1d20 Taser cartridges, 1d6 M18 smoke grenades, 1d6 M84 flashbang grenades, 1d6 M7A3 tear gas grenades
Tomato Konbini (Youkai-go: トマト・コンビニ): A youkai-owned and operated convenience store chain, first launched in Yurai. Customers get 1 free raffle ticket for every 250 spent per visit at their stores. Roll a 1d100 per ticket:
- 1-60: Losing ticket
- 61-65: 25 Tomato Konbini store credit
- 66-70: 1 free item from the food aisle (while supplies last) or 50 Tomato Konbini store credit
- 71-75: 100 Tomato Konbini store credit
- 76-80: 1 free item from the meds aisle (while supplies last) or 150 Tomato Konbini store credit
- 81-85: 250 Tomato Konbini store credit
- 86-90: 1 free box of ammunition from the ammo aisle (while supplies last) or 500 Tomato Konbini store credit
- 91-95: 1 free Activist Recon Outfit (body type of the customer's choice) or 1000 Tomato Konbini store credit
- 96-99: Jackpot prize (usually a free Activist Combat Outfit, body type of the customer's choice, or 1500 Tomato Konbini store credit)
- 100: Super Jackpot prize (usually a free Maximum Defense Outfit, body type of the customer's choice except Type U, or 2500 Tomato Konbini store credit)
- Features a donation box and access to all of the regular services offered by shrine maidens at the shrine.
- Features a donation box and access to all of the regular services offered by dark maidens at the sanctum.
Special: Diamond Hot Dogs: This unique store has a hot-dog themed interior. The food aisle here only sells four types of food items (three of which are unique to this location), alongside three types of drinks. The store carries 3d20 of each item.
- Food: Hot-dog, Chili-dog, Corn-dog, Hot-gon
- Drinks: Bottle of mineral water, Can of cola, Can of lemonade
Special: Tin Can Emporium: A unique store which doubles as a museum on the history of canned food in the Mazes. The food aisle here sells a selection of canned or powdered food items, carrying 2d20 of each:
- Food: Every item in the Canned goods category, every item in the Powdered drinks category, Can of candied fruit
- Drinks: Bottle of mineral water, every type of canned drink (Apple juice, cola drink, energy drink, grape juice, lemonade, orange juice)
Store chains in towns:
- 24-Seven: Can be found in all neutral, Military and Syndicate towns, except Ellen Sector and Ovis City.
- Tomato Konbini: All Youkai Nation towns.
- Fusco's Bodega: All Police towns.
- Angelstop: All Angelic towns.
- Circle H: All Demonic towns.
- Diamond Hot Dogs: Ellen Sector.
- Tin Can Emporium: Ovis City.
Store chains in intersections:
- 24-Seven: 01, 04, 05, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29
- Tomato Konbini: 02, 03, 06
- Fusco's Bodega: 08, 09, 15, 17, 18, 20, 25
- Angelstop: N/A
- Circle H: N/A
This section is intended for GMs.
The inventory of convenience stores is fixed, there are no special generation rules other than available stock for each item type.