|Navigation:||Main Page → Civilized Areas → Facilities → Individual shop → Delicatessen|
The word "delicatessen" is derived from an Old Tongue term, delikatesen, which transliterates to "little shop of tasty treats". A delika was any type of tasty treat, and could be used to refer to any kind of delicious food. Delicatessen is invariable; the word is the same in singular and plural forms. However, it is acceptable to add an "s" at the end of "deli" in plural form (a deli/two delis is correct).
- Towns: 24 hours a day, six days per week. Closed on Watersday for inventory.
- Intersections: 12 hours a day (day shift only), six days per week. Closed on Watersday for inventory.
Delis sell the following items:
- Most types of food items (any item with "Delicatessen" in the "shop type" column of the food article)
Delis may also:
- Buy back items of all types sold here for 25% of their shop value
- Buy game meat
- Accept payment in cash or appraised valuables
- Provide store credit (valid only at the specific location you obtained credit from - each store is independent)
- Shops do not normally return change; it is automatically converted into store credit instead.
- Transfer store credit into a customer's bank account (for a fee, see Bank).
- Provide a delivery service into a customer's bank vault (for a fee and if the vault has enough space remaining, see Bank)
This section is intended for GMs.
Food items other than canteens
The customer is expected to request a particular item. This shop uses the standard price-based generation method to determine the number of items in stock:
- Less than 250: 1d40-5 items in stock.
- 250 - 499.99: 1d30-5 items in stock.
- 500 - 999.99: 1d25-5 items in stock.
- 1000 - 1999.99: 1d15-5 items in stock.
- 2000 and higher: 1d10-5 items in stock.
Every deli carries 1d5-1 canteen.