|Navigation:||Main Page → Civilized Areas → Joliet Sector|
|Settled in||Era 5, year unknown|
|Local laws|| Standard Law|
Police town rules
Joliet Sector (often shortened to just Joliet) is a large Police town located in the Eastern Zone.
It is not known exactly when Joliet Sector was founded. The town is believed to have been settled sometime during early Era 5, before the Resource Wars. After the Wars ended, Joliet Sector fell under the hands of the Delaney Syndicate, a criminal organization, which declared the town "free from the influence of cops and cop sympathizers." In retaliation, the Maze Police sent a raid team in E5-571, capturing or killing most members of the Syndicate, as well as conquering the town. It is believed that the town records regarding the foundation date were lost during the Resource Wars.
Since this raid, Joliet Sector was turned into a Police town, expanding the faction's reach significantly. In E7-417, as part of the Police Protection Plan, Joliet Sector was assigned to law enforcement in the Eastern Zone alongside Wayward. Both towns are located at opposite ends of the Eastern Zone, so they were both allocated to law enforcement there through the Joint Eastern Coverage Treaty.
Joliet Sector largely works the same way any town following Standard Law would, but as a Police town, there are a few extra rules in place:
- Local Town Security is subservient to the officers of the local Police station.
- Individuals and groups known for their affiliations with criminal groups or organizations may be stopped and arrested on sight.
Local town facilities
If a local shop or facility has a name or belongs to a particular chain, it is italicized.
- Food production: Artificial light farm
- Residential hub:
- Shop hub: 7 of 10 emplacements open
- Social Square facilities:
- Special facility: Police station - Eastern Zone (alongside the Wayward station)