|Main Page → Civilized Areas → Ferron City
|Baden Town (_/_/D)
|Intersection 29 (_/_/D)
|How to read (S/F/D) route notation
Ferron City (often shortened to just Ferron) is a medium town located in the Southeastern Zone.
The town is otherwise quiet and unremarkable, known mostly for its factories and its metal-themed decoration. It is the home of the Mercenary Agency In the Mazes, who have set up their headquarters in the town's Shop Hub. The Agency owns the local dojo and shooting range, though the facilities remain open to the public. Local TownSec is often supplemented by the mercenaries who live in town, either officially (on contract) or unofficially (by simply being well-armed and in town).
Local town facilities
If a local shop or facility has a name or belongs to a particular chain, it is italicized.
- Food production: Food factory (Canning facility - Ferron City Canned Goods Company)
- Residential hub:
- Shop hub: 6 of 10 emplacements open
- Social Square facilities:
- Special facility: Factory - Metal
Mercenary Agency in the Mazes
The Mercenary Agency in the Mazes (MAIM) is headquartered in Ferron City, split between the three facilities they operate:
- The Jagged Edge, the local dojo
- The Fortunate Gun, the local shooting range
- MAIM Front Office, a headquarters (HQ) facility in the Shop Hub located at the emplacement of a jewelry store.
The dojo and shooting range operate as normal, customer-facing businesses where members of the public can visit and use the services and premises just as in any other dojo and range. Mercenaries who work for MAIM can, as a membership benefit, use these facilities at a deep discount (50% off).
The MAIM Front Office is set up exactly like any other individual shop, with a shop floor and a locked storage room.
- The shop floor has a counter and a row of publicly usable computers, and minimal decoration. It is staffed by a MAIM mercenary on desk duty; their purpose is to offer visitors information about the Agency, organize meetings and communications between employers and Agency staff, and (more rarely) meetings between the Agency's leadership and mercs looking to join the Agency.
- The storage room is locked, and the key is in the possession of the Agency's leadership and the front desk mercenary. It reportedly contains little of value; mostly file cabinets and a small computer server. Some say the storage room is occasionally used to store valuables, stocks of weapons and ammunition, or even prisoners, but no evidence of any of these has ever surfaced.