|Navigation:||Main Page → Civilized Areas → Baden Town|
|Local laws|| Independent|
|North||Intersection 26 (_/_/D)|
|South||Ferron City (_/_/D)|
|How to read (S/F/D) route notation|
Baden Town (often shortened to just Baden) is a large Syndicate town located in the Southeastern Zone.
Baden Town was founded in E7-49, originally a neutral town. 76 years later, in E7-125, it was quickly invaded and conquered by the Syndicate, resulting in the previous mayor's exile. Guido Yatela, brother of Syndicate founder Ignazio Yatela, appointed himself as the new mayor. Since then, control of the town was passed down by successive generations of Yatela family members.
The current mayor of Baden Town is Tony Yatela, the oldest younger brother of the Syndicate Don, Michael Yatela.
The local population is fairly homogenous, with a majority of humans, a small but active halfling community, and a very small youkai minority.
Baden Town is an independent town under the control of the Syndicate, and as such, does not follow nor respect Standard Law. There are no written rules, and local customs may vary greatly depending on the town.
General rules and principles in all Syndicate towns:
- The Syndicate's word is the law.
- Local Town Security is subservient to the authority of Syndicate enforcers and capos.
- Members of the Maze Police are not welcome and will be shot on sight. Friends and known associates of the Police will suffer the same fate.
Although some towns may lean towards orderliness and peacekeeping (especially if there are important businesses intended to attract visitors), visitors must be ready for anything while visiting a Syndicate town, and not count on the help of the local Town Security should anything happen to them. Petty criminal activity targeted towards visitors is rampant, ranging from scamming and swindling to assault and mugging. In common parlance, such activities are referred to as "hustling" or "work" and are generally tolerated so long as they're not aimed at a known associate or full member of the Syndicate.
Local town facilities
If a local shop or facility has a name or belongs to a particular chain, it is italicized.
- Food production: Food factory (Brewing plant)
- Residential hub:
- Residential area levels: 13
- Hotel: Yes - The Run-Inn
- Shop hub: 7 of 10 emplacements open
- Clothing shop, Delicatessen, Engineering workshop, Forge (Occam's), Gun shop (Norris & Nakatomi), Jewelry store, Weapon shop (Long & Short Weaponry)
- Social Square facilities:
- Bars: 1 ; Six Bottles (#1)
- Restaurants: 1 ; Crimson Tiger (Dim Sum, #1), Guido's (Trattoria, #2)
- Others: Convenience store (24-Seven), Dojo, Library, Shooting range, Strip club
- Special facility: Factory - Textiles