|Main Page → Civilized Areas → Echizen
Youkai Nation laws
|Intersection 02 (_/_/D)
|How to read (S/F/D) route notation
Echizen (Youkai-go: 越善, pronounced etchy-zen) is a medium Youkai Nation town located in the Northeastern Zone.
Echizen was founded in E7-215, sometime during the month of Nonama, as part of the Youkai Expansion Plan, to answer the needs of an ever-increasing youkai population. Echizen was named after its founder and first mayor, Genichiro Echizen.
Like most towns controlled by the Youkai Nation, the local town population is mainly composed of youkai, although there is also a significant minority population of humans and halflings. Echizen is also the location of a large warehousing facility, with most of the storage space being under the control of the Youkai Nation, which is said to stockpile large amounts of equipment of an unspecified nature.
Echizen is known for being often frequented by off-duty Maze Police personnel, visiting from the nearby town of Wayward. Although the town is independent, the locals are generally friendly towards Police personnel; the local diner, the Echizen House of Burgers, was explicitly opened to attract the patronage of the visiting law enforcers.
- Law enforcement is managed by the local Town Security, but may be superseded by the local activist cells. Local residents are encouraged to assist Town Security in their duties, particularly in regard to town and community defense.
- All species are equal under youkai rule, but individuals who threaten the integrity and the independence of the Youkai Nation are treated as enemies. Enemies are to be imprisoned or eliminated.
- Individuals and groups associated with the Maze Military are not allowed to enter the town, regardless of whether they're active duty or retired, in uniform or not. Breaking this rule will be treated as an invasion, against which lethal force is legal.
- Inciting unrest and division through pro-Military or anti-youkai propaganda will result in being removed from the town. Repeat offenders will be permanently banned and treated as enemies of the town.
Local town facilities
If a local shop or facility has a name or belongs to a particular chain, it is italicized.
- Food production: Food factory (Packaged fast-food)
- Residential hub:
- Shop hub: 6 of 10 emplacements open
- Social Square facilities:
- Special facility: Warehouse facility