|Navigation:||Main Page → Creatures → Vampire|
Threat level 3
|Disposition||Faction: Hell, Inc.|
|HEAD||Head - 10 HP|
|BODY|| Upper body - 40 HP|
Lower body - 30 HP
|LIMB|| 2 arms - 20 HP|
2 legs - 20 HP
|EXTREMITY|| 2 hands - 15 HP|
2 feet - 15 HP
|WEAK POINTS|| 2 eyes (Head)|
Crotch (Lower body)
|Can use Weapons/LBE?|
|Can use Clothing and armor?|
The vampire is a creature belonging to the Demonics category. They are sapient and adapted to life in the Civilized Areas, making them one of the civilized species of the Mazes.
Attacks and techniques
This creature has seven attacks: Punch, Kick, Vampire bite, Demonic self-healing and Mist body.
Punch and kick
|Damage type||Range||MAPT||IS||LDV||Pain (C1)||Pain (C2)||Pain (A1)||Pain (A2)||Pain (A3)||Pain (A4)||Pain (A5)|
- On a successful hit, this attack does not inflict a Wound, but instead, the target immediately loses 1.0 Blood while the attacker gains 1 DE, heals 1.0 Blood, and -15% Pain.
|Damage type||Range||MAPT||IS||LDV||Pain (All ACs)|
- Inflicts no Pain or Limb Damage.
- This technique is a Demonic power which requires 1 DE to cast.
- Upon casting the spell, the creature will instantly heal 40% Pain, 4 HP per limb on all limbs, and close 2 random open wounds.
|Damage type||Range||MAPT||IS||LDV||Pain (All ACs)|
- This technique is a Demonic power, which requires 5 DE to cast.
- This technique allows the creature's body to temporarily become intangible, gaining the appearance of a cloud of black mist. The effects of this technique last for 3 turns.
- Upon casting this technique, the following effects occur:
- ALL equipped clothing, weapons and LBE are instantly dropped on the floor on the Side the creature is standing into.
- While active, the creature gains the following effects:
- Agility +4
- Cannot be targeted by any other creature
- Cannot target any other creature
This creature can wear human clothing and armor. Their default clothing is as follows:
- Top: Trench-coat
- Bottom: Leather pants
- Footwear: Harness boots
Equipment and inventory
Vampires may have one of three different sets of items (roll 1d3 per vampire to determine):
- TT-1E Pistol vest, Ammunition 1: 3x USP45 12-round magazine (Each: 12 /12, 12x .45 ACP, Standard FMJ)
- TT-1E Pistol vest, Ammunition 2: 3x USP45 12-round magazine (Each: 12 /12, 12x .45 ACP, Standard FMJ)
- Condor utility rig (Left), General carrying: 2x AWSM 5-round magazine (Each: 5 /5, 5x .338 Lapua Magnum, Standard FMJ)
- Combat skills: Basic (all combat skills)
- Non-combat skills: Unskilled (all non-combat skills)
- Bloodthirsty: This creature has a vampire bite attack and will always try to use it at least once if it enters combat.
- Demonic: This creature is demonic, and therefore has access to certain Demonic powers (listed above as techniques), and the resource needed to cast them, Demonic Energy. See this page for more details.
- Cannot be butchered: On death, this creature's body quickly fades then disappears, dropping any equipment it carried (if any) and making it impossible to butcher this creature.
- Weakness to fire: Will take double damage (both Pain and Limb Damage if applicable) from Spec-Fire attacks as well as the On fire effect.
| This article or section contains lore-related information.|
Though not strictly necessary for playing the game, you are encouraged to read this section if you wish to have a better understanding of the game's universe.
Demonic creatures are employees of Hell, Inc., the Demonic faction.
Vampires are a special type of formerly human, non-evolving demonic creature, and which were given a new chance at life in exchange for serving Hell.
Vampires generally resemble humans, but with a few key exceptions: all vampires have red eyes and pale skin tones, ranging from a natural-looking pale white to a sickly grayish color, making them stand out from the more typical red-skinned demonic creatures. The process of how vampires are formed is explained in the section below.
The body of a vampire possesses a mild bullet-resistant property equivalent to that of an imp, as well as low sensitivity to pain. As is typical for most demonic creatures, they also possess remarkable natural combat skills, with basic proficiency in just about every type of weapon imaginable. Contrary to popular depictions, Maze vampires are not related to bats and do not possess bat wings or the ability to fly. (Interestingly, all demonic creatures that can fly, do possess bat-like wings.)
Vampires have access to three special techniques. The first one is their signature vampire bite attack, which lets them extract blood from targets (a process known as feeding on blood or simply feeding). The process replenishes their own blood supply, provides mild painkilling effects, and most importantly, generates Demonic Energy (see demonic powers for more details).
The other two techniques are their demonic powers: the demonic self-heal spell, and a unique ability called mist body, which temporarily turns their entire body into an intangible cloud of black mist. While this technique is active, any equipment or clothing the vampire was wearing at the time will be dropped, and they become unable to attack other creatures; but in turn, they cannot be targeted in return. This technique is, therefore, ideal for daring escapes, or to flee difficult situations and give the vampire some time to recoup.
However, most vampires have the reputation of being affable and polite creatures, who would much rather sit down and have a pleasant conversation with you, before making a polite request to take some blood from you without having to fight for it. Vampires are sensitive and will respond very positively if the sapients they deal with are polite with them in return. Accepting their request to feed on you will encourage them to plant their fangs into a limb (typically an arm) and make it as quick and unobtrusive as possible. Refusing is an option, as long as one is very polite and careful, but expressing rudeness, fear, or hostility will be met with hostility in return, and is highly likely to result in combat.
Within the demonic hierarchy, they are classified as Echelon 5 or Team leaders, above fiends and cubi, equal in rank to cacobarons and dark maidens, and under maldukes and incinerators. Despite their position in the hierarchy allowing them to command lower-ranked demonics, vampires only very occasionally do so, preferring to work solo.
Becoming a vampire
Hell's vampires are formed through a contract with recently deceased sapients, offering them a chance to live again, in new, beautiful, eternally young bodies once again capable of experiencing life's pleasures, in exchange for the need to serve Hell and its interests. Vampires are ageless and unable to die of old age, but they are also utterly sterile and unable to reproduce; either sexually (vampire bodies do not produce gametes), or through the transmission of their vampiric condition to a living sapient (despite countless works of fiction depicting vampirism as transmissible, usually through biting). In other words, if you are bitten, it will be painful, but you will not turn into a vampire.
It is not exactly clear which species are eligible to become vampires, but it is strongly suspected to not just be humans; halflings, youkai, and even magicians and psionics all seem to be eligible to accept a vampire contract. It is rumored that there is a strong correlation between the past self's attachment and devotion towards demonic values, and the chances of being offered a contract to be reborn as a vampire; however, these are unconfirmed rumors.
Many biographies, interviews, and other personal accounts have revealed that vampires retain partial awareness of their previous selves. They do not seem to remember any specific details about their past lives (name, species, occupation), only that they are aware that it isn't their "first" life. On occasion, vampires will have dreams and nightmares, depicting scenes of their past selves which can offer clues on what they once were.
All vampires have a solid recollection of the moment of their "rebirth", with distinct memories of being able to choose their new appearance (down to every detail of their bodies) before being thrown back into life, usually appearing in some random part of the Uncivilized Area. Vampires are (re)born fully aware of their new status as demonic creatures, and possess hardwired loyalty and gratitude towards Hell, Inc.