|Navigation:||Main Page → Creatures → Yousei|
Threat level 1
|HEAD||Head - 5 HP|
|BODY|| Upper body - 20 HP|
Lower body - 15 HP
|LIMB|| 2 arms - 10 HP|
2 legs - 10 HP
2 wings - 10 HP
|EXTREMITY|| 2 hands - 5 HP|
2 feet - 5 HP
|WEAK POINTS|| 2 eyes (Head)|
Crotch (Lower body)
|Can use Weapons/LBE?|
|Can use Clothing and armor?|| |
The yousei (Youkai-go: 妖精, pronounced yo-say, lit. "Fairy") is a creature belonging to the Youkai category. Youkai are both sapient and sedentary, making them one of the civilized species of the Mazes.
Attacks and techniques
This creature has two attacks: Punch and Kick.
Punch and kick
A yousei's equipment is determined by their occupation.
- Flight: This creature is capable of flying using its wings. As a free action, this creature may toggle Flight on or off once per turn. If Flight is on, this creature receives the following effects:
- Primed pressure mines will not be set off by a flying creature on the same Side.
- Primed directional mines will not be set off by a flying creature even if it enters the Protected Side from the Target Side.
- Opponents attacking a flying creature suffer from a FT malus: FT+2 with melee attacks, FT+1 with ranged attacks.
- Flying creatures cannot take cover.
- Flying creatures suffer from certain maluses: Recoil +1 and FT+1.
- If at least half of their wings is disabled, this creature is forced off Flight and can no longer toggle it back on until healed.
- Limitless Potential: This creature is a yousei. The maximum limits of this creature's training machine XP are different:
- Electric workout machine: Cannot gain more XP if Natural Pain Sensitivity reaches 0% instead of 25%
- Strength training: No limit.
- Low air pressure chamber: No limit.
- Hypertrophic training: No limit.
- Endurance training: No limit.
- Agility training: Unchanged
| This article or section contains lore-related information.|
Though not strictly necessary for playing the game, you are encouraged to read this section if you wish to have a better understanding of the game's universe.
Yousei are one of a number of youkai species. They are short, humanoid creatures, almost child-like in appearance, with a pair of butterfly-like, semi-transparent wings on their back. Yousei have the unfortunate distinction of being the weakest of youkai species, and one of the weakest types of sapient creatures in the Mazes overall.
Yousei are the shortest species of youkai, with an average height of just 4 feet 5 inches, and an average weight of around 100 pounds for both males and females. Most of them have pale to light skin tones, with very colorful eyes, hair, and wings; all of which can be found in virtually any color of the visible spectrum, giving them an eye-catching and adorable appearance.
Like tengu, yousei possess functional wings, with which they can fly and hover. Unlike them, however, yousei do not have any innate fighting abilities, are very sensitive to pain, and are small and easily damaged. Although they have surprising strength for their size (on par with that of an average human), they are described as fragile, easy to hurt and kill and with no special talents or abilities.
For much of youkai history, yousei have been relegated to menial tasks and other, uncomplicated labor. They are the cleaners, the servants, the waiters, the maids and butlers of youkai society, largely because there is little else they can be. Youkai legends say that Ou-no-kyuu (大の九, lit. "Big nine"), the goddess responsible for creating yousei, is said to have slacked off on the day she was supposed to give yousei their abilities and therefore their purpose in life. The same legends say that one day, one of the yousei will become the Strongest of All Fairies (最強の妖精, saikyou no yousei, lit. "The strongest fairy") or simply the Strongest One (最強, saikyou, lit. "The strongest"), unlocking vast powers and potential so that they may lead all fairies to greatness, and bring happiness to all youkaikind.
In 2300 years of youkai history in the Mazes, no such figure has arisen, though the legend continues to inspire yousei to become stronger and more capable. Such individuals, through force of will and demonstration of skills, have shown they are capable fighters and adventurers, in turn taking on roles and occupations that they are not normally thought to be suited for.