|Navigation:||Main Page → Game mechanics → Skills → Healing|
Healing is the name of a non-combat skill, representing a character's ability to heal themselves and others, as well as giving a general sense of a character's healthiness.
Improving the Healing skill affects three areas: certain meds will have improved effectiveness, bonuses to natural healing capabilities, and other benefits such as abilities and effects.
Meds improved by the Healing skill
The following items are affected by the Healing skill:
- Rags: Base chance of successfully healing a Wound is 50%; increases by 10% for every level above Unskilled.
- Roll a 1d100; if the result is equal or under to the chance percentage, the Wound is healed, otherwise the rag is consumed and another one must be used.
- First Aid Kits (FAKs) and Field Surgery Kits (FSKs): After using and resolving the light or strong limb healing effect on the targeted limb, all other limbs heal bonus HP, which scales with skill level, from +0 HP at Unskilled to +4 HP at Master.
Natural healing bonuses
Upon reaching various skill levels in Healing, various bonuses may be applied:
- Unskilled: No bonuses to Daily Reset Pain and Blood healing (total maximums: -40% Pain and +1.0 Blood)
- Basic: Bonus -5% Pain and +0.5 Blood healed (total maximums: -45% Pain and +1.5 Blood)
- Skilled: Bonus -10% Pain and +1.0 Blood healed (total maximums: -50% Pain and +2.0 Blood)
- Expert: Bonus -15% Pain and +1.5 Blood healed (total maximums: -55% Pain and +2.5 Blood)
- Master: Bonus -20% Pain and +2.0 Blood healed (total maximums: -60% Pain and +3.0 Blood)
Example: Kyle is Skilled in Healing. After a difficult trip through the UA, Kyle reaches safety in the town of Neo Khazrun during the late night. He survived several fights, and he is currently at 63% Pain and 15.6 /20 Blood. He decides to spend the night in town and recover naturally. One good night of sleep later, time transitions from late night to dawn, and lastly to morning, resulting in hitting the Daily Reset. Because he is Skilled in Healing, he first benefits from his bonuses to natural healing, which are free (no Nutrition or Fatigue burned): he heals 10% Pain and 1.0 Blood, reaching respectively 53% Pain and 16.6 Blood. Then, the normal effects of natural healing kick in: he heals a further 40% Pain (-200 ntri, +4.0% Fatigue) and 1.0 Blood (-150 ntri, +2.0% Fatigue). It's more than likely that Kyle will wake up quite hungry. Nothing a nice breakfast and some coffee can't fix!
Healing skill levels
For every med used, either on oneself or another character, 1 Skill Point is granted. As explained above, using rags as makeshift bandages also counts, but the Skill Point is only granted if it successfully heals a Wound.
Using the Healing massage also grants 1 Skill Point.
A GM may, in order to avoid abuse and at their own discretion, deny giving Skill Points for actions that appear to be solely done to farm Skill Points.
- Example: A character purchasing large quantities of Paracetamol (a non-addictive painkiller with no negative effects) and attempting to consume all of them just to get Skill Points. The SP can be capped or denied at the GM's direction.
|Unskilled||0|| Meds: 50% chance to heal a wound with a rag. +0 bonus HP to all other limbs after using a FAK or FSK.|
Bonuses to natural healing: None
|Basic||25|| Meds: 60% chance to heal a wound with a rag. +1 bonus HP to all other limbs after using a FAK or FSK.|
Bonuses to natural healing: Extra -5% Pain and +0.5 Blood healed for free
|Skilled||50|| Meds: 70% chance to heal a wound with a rag. +2 bonus HP to all other limbs after using a FAK or FSK.|
Bonuses to natural healing: Extra -10% Pain and +1.0 Blood healed for free
Character unlocks Healing massage ability
|Expert||100|| Meds: 80% chance to heal a wound with a rag. +3 bonus HP to all other limbs after using a FAK or FSK.|
Bonuses to natural healing: Extra -15% Pain and +1.5 Blood healed for free
|Master||250|| Meds: 90% chance to heal a wound with a rag. +4 bonus HP to all other limbs after using a FAK or FSK.|
Bonuses to natural healing: Extra -20% Pain and +2.0 Blood healed for free
Character gains Addiction resistance as a permanent effect