Giant killer bee
|Navigation:||Main Page → Creatures → Giant killer bee|
Threat level 2
|Giant killer bee|
|HEAD||Head - 7 HP|
|BODY|| Thorax (Upper) - 29 HP|
Abdomen (Lower) - 21 HP
|LIMB|| 2 wings - 14 HP|
6 legs - 14 HP
|WEAK POINTS||2 eyes (Head)|
|Can use Weapons/LBE?|
|Can use Clothing and armor?|
The giant killer bee is a creature belonging to the Bugs category.
Attacks and techniques
This creature has one attack: Poison sting.
|Damage type||Range||MAPT||IS||LDV||Pain (C1)||Pain (C2)||Pain (A1)||Pain (A2)||Pain (A3)||Pain (A4)||Pain (A5)|
- On a successful hit, inflicts Venom +2.
- Flight: This creature is capable of flying using its wings. As a free action, this creature may toggle Flight on or off once per turn. If Flight is on, this creature receives the following effects:
- Primed pressure mines will not be set off by a flying creature on the same Side.
- Primed directional mines will not be set off by a flying creature even if it enters the Protected Side from the Target Side.
- Opponents attacking a flying creature suffer from a FT malus: FT+2 with melee attacks, FT+1 with ranged attacks.
- Flying creatures cannot take cover.
- Flying creatures suffer from certain maluses: Recoil +1 and FT+1.
- If at least half of their wings is disabled, this creature is forced off Flight and can no longer toggle it back on until healed.
- Prefers to be in flight: This creature will be found with Flight being on as much as possible, even if it makes them less accurate in combat.
| This article or section contains lore-related information.|
Though not strictly necessary for playing the game, you are encouraged to read this section if you wish to have a better understanding of the game's universe.
The giant killer bee is one of several species of giant insects native to the Mazes. It appears to be an enormous hybrid species of the apis mellifera and the apis mellifera scutellata. When standing on their legs, they are approximately reaching roughly 2 feet tall and 5 feet long, weighing about 20 to 25 pounds. In flight, they hover in place and their length appears to be their height, giving them a uniquely terrifying appearance.
Giant killer bees are quick, extremely violent and predatorial, and famous for their potent venom, which they deliver using the nasty-looking stinger protruding from their abdomen. Repeated hits and lack of treatment will kill an average human within minutes. If this happens to you, make sure to destroy these creatures as fast as you can, then apply antivenom and bandages as quickly as possible. The combination of bleeding from wounds and potent venom can quickly result in lethal poisoning levels.
Like all members of the Bugs category, the origin of these creatures is unknown. Because they lack any magical or supernatural elements, it has been theorized that these creatures are the result of some type of past scientific experiment gone wrong, and that they have since escaped and become a species native to the Uncivilized Area. This particular species being a hybrid of two naturally occurring species of bees lends further credence to the idea that they were engineered, though no evidence proving this theory has surfaced as of yet.