|Navigation:||Main Page → Civilized Areas → Yurai|
|Population size||Very large|
|Local laws|| Independent|
Youkai Nation laws
|North||Intersection 03 (_/F/D)|
|How to read (S/F/D) route notation|
Yurai (Youkai-go: 由来, pronounced you-rai) is the capital of the Youkai Nation. It is a very large town located in the Northeastern Zone.
Yurai was founded in E5-6, having been historically considered the most important town of the Northeastern Zone since its foundation. It is the oldest youkai settlement in continuous existence and for much of youkai history, surviving through major historical events such as the Resource Wars and Operation Needle Poke.
As the capital of the Youkai Nation, it is the largest and most populous of the towns under their control, with 20 residential units and a diverse population. Yurai is also known for being the birthplace of the first Tomato Konbini convenience store.
The local town population is composed of a majority of youkai, with significant minority populations of humans, halflings, angelic creatures, and a small amount of other civilized beings.
Town management and law enforcement are overseen by the local activist cell, Task Force "Mind's Eye" (作戦部隊 「心眼」, sakusen butai 「shingan」), which also acts as the commanding unit of the Youkai Nation in general. The leader of Task Force Mind's Eye (and the leader of the Youkai Nation in general) is also the mayor of Yurai: Satoshi Sangi himself.
Yurai is an independent town under the control of the Youkai Nation, which does not follow Standard Law. The following rules are in place:
- Law enforcement is managed by the local Town Security, but may be superseded by the local activist cells. Local residents are encouraged to assist Town Security in their duties, particularly in regard to town and community defense.
- All species are equal under youkai rule, but individuals who threaten the integrity and the independence of the Youkai Nation are treated as enemies. Enemies are to be imprisoned or eliminated.
- Individuals and groups associated with the Maze Military are not allowed to enter the town, regardless of whether they're active duty or retired, in uniform or not. Breaking this rule will be treated as an invasion, against which lethal force is legal.
- Inciting unrest and division through pro-Military or anti-youkai propaganda will result in being removed from the town. Repeat offenders will be permanently banned and treated as enemies of the town.
Local town facilities
If a local shop or facility has a name or belongs to a particular chain, it is italicized.
- Food production: Food factory (Brewing plant)
- Residential hub:
- Residential area levels: 20
- Hotel: Yes ; Hotel Sakura
- Shop hub: 10 of 10 emplacements open
- Bar (Mid Night Club), Clothing shop, Delicatessen, Engineering workshop, Forge (Konpaku Blades), Gun shop (Sean's Shotguns), Jewelry store, Restaurant (Phoenix, Dim Sum), Style shop, Weapon shop (Boom Bang & Beyond)
- Social Square facilities:
- Bars: 2 ; Red Feather (#1), Club Kai (CLUB快, lit. "Pleasure Club") (#2)
- Restaurants: 2 ; Great Tengu Inn (Izakaya, #1), Tavern of the Nine Tails (Izakaya, #2)
- Others: Casino, Convenience store (Tomato Konbini), Dojo, Library, Shooting range, Strip club
- Special facility: Office complex - nicknamed Kamiyama (紙山, lit. "paper mountain")
- Memorial to the fallen youkai during Operation Needle Poke