|Navigation:||Main Page → Creatures → Occupations → Student|
|Can be found in the UA?|
|This occupation is open to:|
A student is a person currently pursuing studies or training.
Human/Halfling clothing and armor:
- Top: Student outfit vest
- Bottom: Student outfit pants or Student outfit skirt
- Footwear: Regular shoes
Youkai outfit: Youkai student outfit
Equipment and inventory
Equipped weapons and items in inventory are variable and should be left undefined until needed.
- This occupation does not grant additional skills.
- Most students should be young; most commonly aged 18-23.
| This article or section contains lore-related information.|
Though not strictly necessary for playing the game, you are encouraged to read this section if you wish to have a better understanding of the game's universe.
Students are young (adult) citizens of the Mazes who have reached the age of majority and are pursuing studies in certain technical fields. The length of these studies can vary greatly depending on the field, the student's aptitude, and various other circumstances.
In the Mazes, students follow a member of another occupation that has been designated as their teacher. Every student's objective is to acquire all of the necessary knowledge and skills and eventually be recommended for graduation; in other words, to transition out of studies and into their profession of choice. Similarly, a student must avoid being failed or rejected and removed from the student course. In theory, failed students can start over from the beginning, but the vast majority orient themselves towards different jobs and occupations instead.
Adult students attend an adult school, where they are grouped into classes of various sizes (ranging from singular apprentices to classes of 12-16 students) under a designated teacher, which is a member of the field of choice assigned to a teaching role. Teachers generally have near-absolute authority and latitude over their students and classes. The decision to graduate or reject a student is entirely up to the teacher's own discretion and judgment, and they can also change and adapt the length and content of their classes for any reason.
Below is a list of fields in which students (and in turn, teachers) can be found, alongside average expected training/studies time before graduation:
- Scientific Community: Every Science Team.
- Engineering Corps: Every Engineering Crew
- Trade occupations: All types
- Bar: 3 months of training to graduate as a bartender, most of which is devoted to learning how to manage the bar and large amounts of customers (the actual bartending and cocktail making takes 3-4 weeks at most).
- Convenience store: 6 months of training to graduate as a convenience store manager
- Clothing shop: 1 to 3 years of training to graduate as a tailor
- Delicatessen: 6 to 12 months of training to graduate as a deli manager
- Forge: 2 years of training to graduate as a blacksmith
- Gun shop: 1 year of training to graduate as a gun dealer
- Jewelry store: 4 to 5 years of training to graduate as a jeweler
- Library: 1 year of training to graduate as a librarian
- Style shop: 2 years of training to graduate as a stylist
- Shooting range: 12 months of training to graduate as a rangemaster
- Weapon shop: 3 years of training to graduate as an armorer. The armorer courses are nothing more than the combined gun dealer and blacksmith courses; if a student has already completed one, they can simply pursue the other to qualify as an armorer. Armorers are therefore qualified to run all three shops.