MazeWorld (no ontology)
Welcome to the Mazes!
Welcome to MazeWorld.net; the information resource base about MazeWorld, a play-by-chat roleplaying game.
- This wiki is still a MAJOR work in progress, and there may be unfinished or unwritten articles, as the game is still being written and updated.
MazeWorld is the realm in which you, the Contestant, must venture into. Taken away from your original homeworld and pitted into this realm, you will have to find your way in the Mazes, from the relatively safe Towns to the much more dangerous Uncivilized Area where abandoned ruins lie, monsters lurk, and loot awaits.
In the Mazes, you will be able to find suitable weapons, appropriate clothing and armor, and useful items of many kinds, in order to fend off all of the menaces that will come in the way. You may also need to deal with the various battling Factions of the Mazes ; the human-only Maze Military fighting off against the uprising Youkai Activists, the Law Enforcement chasing the Outlaws, and the eternal bureaucratic competition between Heaven Ltd. and Hell Inc.
Your primary objective is to retrieve the four Cardinal Amulets ; legendary artifacts rumored to have been forged by the Gods themselves. Those amulets are the key to reach the end and be granted your way back home. Create, improve, and perfect your loadout, improve your skills and abilities, work for - or against! - any faction of your choice and reap the rewards - or the consequences - of your actions. Go as far as you are capable, set your own pace, choose your own objectives and the kind of mark you wish to leave on the Mazes; It's all up to you.
So, Contestant, what's your next move?
- Are you new? Read the Newcomer's Guide. If you would like to join us on IRC, use your favorite IRC client and join us at:
- Server: irc.stormbit.net, port 6667
- Channels: #MazeWorld and #MzWBeta.
- Or join us directly using Webchat.
- Make sure to read and understand the rules, and have fun.
- If you like the game, please consider making a donation to the author! The money will be used to provide more services and fund projects to make the game better and easier to reach to more players! We are also constantly writing and developing new features and content to help make the game richer and overall better to play and enjoy.
- Donations received and current finances
- Meet the Staff; the people behind MazeWorld and the important figures.
Do you want to help and contribute to the game? Did you do something MazeWorld related and you want to show us? Here is a list of activities that are available:
- Artists wanted to help illustrate the articles. Fanworks also appreciated!
- Suggestions are always read and welcome. Head on over to our IRC channel if you have an idea to improve or add to the game.
- STAFF JOBS
- IRC moderators; 2 positions available.
To apply for any of these, send a message to the author (contact methods available in the latter link). Experience or familiarity with the game is encouraged.
- Gameplay mechanics
- Rooms and Miscellaneous rooms
- Secondary effects
- Physio code
- Telephone network
- Towns and Uncivilized Area
- Weapon accessories
- Consumables: Food, Medical aids, Mushrooms
- Clothing and armor
- Bionic augmentations
- Key items
- Encounters, Characters and Factions
- Skills and Skill-related activities: Hunting, Crafting, Handloading, Mining, Bartering, Repairing, Lockpicking
- Maze Customs
- Supply crates and Containers
What is MazeWorld?
It must be noted that both the spellings 'Mazeworld' and 'MazeWorld' are valid. MzW is the shortened form.
MazeWorld (also referred to as the Mazes) itself is a strange realm, said to be created by a being who refers to themselves as the Administrator, and where the very notions of time, space and reality are distorted and different from our world; so much that it is arguable Mazeworld may exist in its very own plane of existence rather than in the 'Universe' (or universes). The realm itself is mainly composed of a seemingly endless amount rooms and areas, connected with each other using seemingly doors and accessways, with seldom access to wider, more open 'outside' areas simulating daytime and nighttime. Certain of these areas are organized into Towns, forming populations and communities. The rest of the rooms form the Uncivilized Area, with no coherent layout, seemingly randomly generated.
According to the Administrator, Mazeworld is "the world between all worlds, located in the Interloper of the Universes, through which anything that exists in any universe can come through", which may explain the variety of creatures and items that can be encountered inside the Mazes, and how contestants may end up here after their life in their respective homeworlds.
More in-depth information about what can be found in the Mazes is detailed in the categories above.
The game's history
The game's current form exists since February 10th, 2011. Read the Timeline of Mazeworld to know more about the past of the project.
MzW sessions are currently held by the author.
The purpose of this wiki is to serve as an encyclopedia about the game, for the author's and the players' needs. We hope it will serve your interests as a player, and will pique the curiosity of those who aren't players yet.
MazeWorld, MzW, the game concept, the files and event lists, the rules, the story, the characters and all related information and data (hereby referred to as 'MzW system'), at the specific exception of player characters and user-created content, is Copyright © 2008-2016 Corentin "Tempest" Bernard, all rights reserved. You do not have the right to copy, reproduce, modify or claim ownership on parts or entirety of the MzW system, nor do you have the right use the MzW system or parts thereof, as-is or modified, in other games, without my express and written consent.
Please note that characters, backstories and other user-submitted content is only presented on this website for informational purposes; we do not claim copyright or ownership of the characters (or any material related to them), and they remain solely the intellectual property of their respective authors.
All other trademarks, brand names and other intellectual property referenced or named in the game that quite obviously isn't mine, are Copyright © to their respective owners. No weapon or gear manufacturer is affiliated with, or has sponsored, or endorsed this game. I claim no ownership on these trademarks, and are only used or named for realism, accuracy and flavor purposes. In particular, the representation of named and branded firearms, weapons and other items, is not to be construed as affiliation, sponsorship, or advertisement of these manufacturers or their products.
Duplication, reproduction, copying, any commercial use of the MzW system or any information on this wiki is strictly forbidden without my explicit consent.