|Navigation:||Main Page → Game mechanics → Abilities → Lightning reload|
The lightning reload is an ability and a combat technique.
This ability is not initially available and must be unlocked. To unlock this ability, your character must purchase the lightning reload lessons at a shooting range.
Once unlocked, to be able to perform this combat technique, your character must be equipped with the following:
- A firearm which can be reloaded using one of these feeding systems: Magazine, Moon clip, Speedloader, or Stripper clip
If a character capable of performing this ability meets the requirements, and can perform a reload with their current weapon, they can instead perform a lightning reload, which has the following traits:
- You are allowed to shoot and lightning reload during the same turn. Specifically, can choose to perform your lightning reload before shooting, or after shooting (but not in the middle of a shooting string)
- If you do perform a lightning reload and you used:
- A magazine or a moon clip: The old magazine or clip is thrown/dropped on the floor, instead of being sent to your inventory (as it would happen in a standard reload)
- A speedloader or stripper clip: The speedloader or clip is thrown/dropped on the floor after completing the reload, instead of being sent to your inventory (as it would happen in a standard reload)