GM Guide 2: How to travel in the Mazes
|Navigation:||Main Page → Game Master Guide → GM Guide 2: How to travel in the Mazes|
Traveling in the UA
After the player has indicated which destination and route they want, the GM must do the following:
- 1: Update the player's location on their sheet with: The UA, traveling from X to Y, A route, xx / yy rooms passed
- X: Town or intersection of origin
- Y: Destination
- A: Route (Safe, Fast, Deep)
- xx: Number of rooms passed
- yy: Total number of rooms until destination
- 2: Roll &roomstyle three times, once for each door, then invite the player to select their choice.
- 3: When the player has selected their roomstyle, the GM may do the following:
- 3a: Use the secret rolls channel to roll for extra loot and mushrooms (if the chances are 25%, I recommend a 1d4 or a 1d4-3)
- 3b: Determine the event in the room with &event-fast, &event-safe or &event-deep depending on the route selected, according to the instructions in this section
- 3c: Generate any items in the room in secret and prepare the relevant item lines for quick copy-pasting
- 3d: If there are any creatures in the room, see the section below
- 4: Describe everything in the room and let the player deal with it and resolve the room
- 5: If ready to leave the room, the player may request the next rooms. Add 1 to the number of rooms passed, then go back to point 2 on this list.
- 5a: If the player has passed a shortcut or a detour, subtract (on shortcut) or add (on detour) the number shown to "rooms until destination".
- 5b: If rooms passed is equal to rooms until destination minus one (e.g. 14 /15), the GM must tell the player. There will be only one door ahead.
- 5c: If rooms passed is equal or superior to rooms until destination, the player's trip is over and they reach their next destination.
If there are other creatures in the room, GMs are encouraged to keep track of every creature's location (as well as cover and stealth status) using this template document:
You may copy and paste information from a specific creature's wiki page into this document.
- To determine which Side a creature (or group of creatures) is located in, roll 1d4 - the result in the Side they occupy.
- In the UA, the player character (and any of their companions) are always on Side 1. If the creatures are also generated on Side 1, Stealth is normally broken immediately (unless special circumstances prevent that)
- "Creature stats" refers to the information in the infobox on the right side of the page.
A live example may look like this: