DP-12 "Super Shotgun"
|Navigation:||Main Page → Weapons → Class 1 weapons → DP-12 "Super Shotgun"|
|Weapon, Class 1|
|DP-12 "Super Shotgun"|
|Fire modes||Pump-action (x2)|
|Barrel length (inches)||18.875|
|Feeding system||Internal tube (x2)|
|+1 round in chamber?||Yes|
|Critical failure type||Failure to fire|
|Stock type||Fixed (S)|
|Shop value / Rarity||N/A (see page)|
|Feeding||Internal tube (x2)|
|Standard:|| (Left tube) 7-round capacity|
(Right tube) 7-round capacity
|Standard:||Muzzle brake (integrated, x2)|
|Real world information|
|Manufacturer||Standard Manufacturing Co.|
|Country of origin||United States|
| "Some people enjoy double-barrel shotguns, because it feels right to have two barrels. Some people enjoy pump-action shotguns, because it feels right to pump each shell. The DP-12 is a double-barrel pump-action shotgun. It has two barrels, and two magazine tubes - each tube feeds its own barrel, and after you've fired the two chambered rounds, both empty shells are ejected out at the same time, and two fresh ones - one from each tube - are loaded simultaneously. Each tube can carry 7 rounds, plus one round in each chamber, for a total capacity of 16 rounds. The engineers responsible for its creation may have played a certain video game a bit too much, so they nicknamed it the Super Shotgun."|
|— Hebizuka (quote written by Tempest)|
The DP-12 "Super Shotgun" (also called DP-12 or simply Super Shotgun) is a 12 gauge shotgun.
Obtaining this weapon
This weapon is referred to as a Specs-docs only weapon. It cannot be normally found in the Mazes, and will only be available after completing the following requirements:
- Turn in the following to the Proving Grounds engineer, at the Calfair Sector workshop:
- Specs docs: #DP008 - Prototype hybrid double barrel/pump-action shotgun blueprints
Upon completing the requirements listed above, the engineer will offer a brand new DP-12 in exchange. For this reason, this weapon is Rarity 7 (Unique).
Please note that the Proving Grounds engineer is only available during the day shift (between 8 AM and 8 PM).
- Because it is a rather unique firearm, certain terms used on the object line and on this page must be explained to better describe how it works:
- This weapon has two barrels, therefore allowing you to fire it up to twice before needing to use the pump to load new shells. You can also perform a double chamber-load.
- This weapon is pump-action, and as described in the Hebiquote above, using the pump ejects both shells (whether fired or not), and will attempt to chamber two fresh shells at once; one from each tube.
- Similarly to the KSG shotguns, this weapon has two internal magazine tubes. However, because it has two barrels as well, there is no option to select only one of the tubes - each tube feeds one barrel.
- You can choose to fire only once before pumping, either intentionally (make sure to clarify your action), or out of necessity (e.g. one of the tubes ran out of ammunition). If both chambers were loaded and you fired only one shell before pumping, you will eject one unfired round and one empty shell.
- Muzzle brake (integrated, x2) simply means that each barrel is fitted with an integrated muzzle brake, therefore the effects apply on both barrels (and therefore every shot fired). It does not mean that the muzzle brake effects are doubled.
- Pump-action (x2) means that as a pump-action firearm, you can only use the pump up to 5 times per turn, but because it has two barrels (and therefore, can pull the trigger up to twice before pumping), you can effectively fire up to 10 shots per turn with this weapon.