Class Handgear weapons
|Navigation:||Main Page → Weapons → Class Handgear weapons|
Class Handgear (often shortened to CHG or just handgear) contains a particular class of melee weapons which are all worn on the hands. They include various pairs of gloves, gauntlets and hand wraps, and are equipped in the Handgear slot. The absence of a handgear weapon is represented by the Bare fists "weapon".
All weapons in this category are 'true' melee weapons, and all melee weapons are affected by the Strength statistic, which acts as a direct multiplier to Pain and Limb Damage.
The primary purpose of handgear weapons is to modify the amount of damage dealt when throwing Punches, functioning as the 'weapon' component of unarmed combat. Therefore, all Handgear weapons call for the use of the Martial Arts skill.
Handgear weapons are also special in that they also serve as armor for the hands. All handgear weapons have an Armor Class rating, protecting both hands.
Although handgear weapons (except the bare fists, for obvious reasons) can degrade and lose condition, they will not deal less damage if their condition falls under 50%. When they break, the user will automatically revert to their bare fists.
This weapon class is home to 9 weapons, not counting the bare fists.
List of Class Handgear weapons
- AC: Armor Class rating, applied to the hands of the wearer.
- The protection rating of the bare fists depends on the creature's natural AC. For humans and halflings, it is C1. In situations where a creature wears handgear with a lower AC rating than their own natural AC, the highest AC prevails. Keep in mind that a particular handgear weapon's damage tables may still apply.
- Ammo? Does this weapon require ammunition to use? If yes, the type is listed. If not, "N/A" will be listed.
- But?: Can this weapon be used for butchering? Green check box means "yes", red check box means "no".
- Cond: Maximum amount of Condition points
- A listed value of N/A means that the weapon has no maximum durability; this weapon therefore requires no repairs.
- Material: Type of material this weapon is made out of (at least primarily), which influences costs of repairs
- A listed value of N/A means that the weapon's material is not relevant; this weapon therefore requires no repairs.
- Modes: Ways the weapon can be used, alongside damage type, and if applicable, whether or not it is a Ranged attack.
- Wgt: Weapon Weight, in weight units
The table below lists all of the Class Handgear weapons that can be found in weapon shops and gun shops. They have a shop value and a corresponding Rarity value. In other words, these are the "normal" weapons, as opposed to the "special" weapons in the tables further below.
|Bare fists||Natural AC||Punch (Blunt)||N/A||N/A (IS 1)||N/A||N/A||None||N/A|
|Breacher gloves||A1||Punch (Blunt)||Leather||2||650||N/A||Fire-retardant, Half melee damage||250|
|Fingerless gloves||C3||Punch (Blunt)||Leather||1||500||N/A||N/A||50|
|Fist wraps||C2||Punch (Blunt)||Cloth||1||150||N/A||N/A||10|
|FR gloves||C3||Punch (Blunt)||Leather||1||500||N/A||Fire-retardant||125|
|Insulated gloves||C2||Punch (Blunt)||Leather||1||400||N/A||N/A||20|
|Medieval gauntlets||A2||Punch (Blunt)||Iron||3||1800||N/A||Half melee damage||500|
|Sap gloves||A1||Punch (Blunt)||Leather||1||750||N/A||Half melee damage||300|
|Tactical fingerless gloves||C3||Punch (Blunt)||Leather||1||550||N/A||Half melee damage||80|
The table below lists all of the Class Handgear weapons that can only be obtained through crafting, or available at workshops after retrieving the corresponding Specs Docs. These weapons all have a Rarity of 7 (Unique), and are not normally found in NPC equipment.
|Shock gloves||C2||Punch (Blunt), Zap (Special)||Leather||2||400||Taser cartridge (Zap mode only)|