|Navigation:||Main Page → Civilized Areas → Calfair Sector|
|Local laws||Standard Law|
Calfair Sector (often shortened to just Calfair) is a medium town located in the Central Zone.
Calfair Sector was founded in E5-4 and is the oldest human settlement in the Mazes in continuous existence. The town is most famous for its weapons factory, opened in E5-5; the oldest factory in continuous existence, with nearly 2300 years of nearly uninterrupted activity.
Today, Calfair Sector is also known for being the home of the extensive and powerful Wilco family; twelve brothers, all native to Calfair, famous for their influence over the weapons production and selling businesses in town.
- Willy and Wyatt Wilco, the two oldest of twelve brothers, run Wilco Weapons, the local weapon shop and the only one in the Mazes regularly capable of selling every single type of retail weapon available
- Wesley Wilco is an engineer and the chief of the Calfair weapons factory. Four other Wilco brothers, Walt, Wade, Warren, and Winston, are also engineers, working under their older brother at the same factory.
- Watson, Walden, and Wilbur Wilco have pursued careers as couriers and independent mercenaries, although they unofficially act as advertisers for Wilco Weapons, often promoting their products on their travels.
- One of the Wilco brothers, Waldo, is famous for having run away from town without a known explanation at the age of 17; he has never been seen since. He is depicted on the famous "Brother missing" poster exposed in the social square center and in various other places in town. He is regarded as somewhat of a legend, with many wild theories and rumors regarding his whereabouts. Willy Wilco promises a substantial reward to the first person who can bring his missing brother back, or provide substantial information leading to his whereabouts.
The engineering workshop in Calfair Sector is also notable for having a Proving Grounds engineer as extra personnel; their role is to trade Specs Docs for certain types of unique weapons. (See here for details about the engineer's availability.)
Local town facilities
If a local shop or facility has a name or belongs to a particular chain, it is italicized.
- Food production: Food factory (Brewing plant)
- Residential hub:
- Shop hub: 6 of 10 emplacements open
- Social Square facilities:
- Special facility: Factory - Weapons
- Several "Brother Missing" posters across town