|Navigation:||Main Page → Civilized Areas → Beatus|
|Settled in||E7-363, Prima 6|
|Local laws|| Standard Law|
|North||Lenox Corner (_/F/D)|
|South||Intersection 19 (_/F/D)|
|How to read (S/F/D) route notation|
Beatus (pronounced bay-ah-tus) is a small Angelic town located in the Western Zone.
Beatus was founded on Prima 6 of the year E7-363, as part of the Angelic Faith-Driven Expansion Plan, officially intended to renew interest in Angelic faith and values, which resulted in an expansion of Heaven's reach and influence across the Mazes. It was the fourth and last of four towns founded during this plan, after Divus Nitor.
Although it is a small town, Beatus is frequently visited by soldiers from neighboring military towns, such as Fort Wight and Fort Cobalt. Gamblers and travelers coming to and from Lenox Corner also frequently stop by in Beatus for supplies before going back on the road.
The town's name is the subject of a number of jokes regarding its pronunciation, usually involving some variant of "beat-us". Local inhabitants tend to be quite tired of these jokes and appreciate visitors who make an effort to pronounce it correctly.
The local population is fairly diverse, with roughly equal amounts of humans, halflings, youkai and angelic creatures.
For most crime and law enforcement issues, Beatus follows Standard Law, but as a town controlled by Heaven, Ltd., an Angelic mandate is in place, which stipulates the following:
- Demonic creatures are forbidden from entry and will be attacked on sight if they attempt to enter the Town Gate.
- Individuals and groups known to be associated with Hell, Inc. or prominent Demonic figures will be refused entry; refusal to comply will be punished with extreme prejudice.
- Spreading pro-Demonic propaganda or generally displaying an overly positive or tolerant view of Demonics may result in removal from the town. Repeat offenders may be considered "associated with Hell" (see above).
Local town facilities
If a local shop or facility has a name or belongs to a particular chain, it is italicized.
- Food production: Heaven Farm
- Residential hub:
- Residential area levels: 5
- Hotel: Yes - Dreamers House
- Shop hub: 4 of 10 emplacements open
- Clothing shop, Forge (Fletcher's Bowyer), Gun shop (The Sidearm Store), Weapon shop (The Close Quarters Company)
- Social Square facilities:
- Bars: 1 ; The Western Twilight (#1)
- Restaurants: 1 ; Pantheon of Burgers (Diner, #1)
- Others: Convenience store (Angelstop), Dojo, Library, Shooting range
- Special facility: Shrine