|Navigation:||Main Page → Chat rules|
This page lists the rules and guidelines on our Discord server, to ensure a proper and enjoyable experience for all users, regardless of veterancy or roles.
- #0: The staff reserves itself the right to moderate the server as they see fit to enforce the rules on this page. By entering our Discord server, you are implicitly agreeing to abide by those rules.
- 0a. Let the staff do their job. Don't be a rules lawyer, don't feel invested in a mission to enforce the rules if you are not part of the staff.
- 0b. Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck... If we suspect with good reason and sufficient evidence that you are here to cause harm/trouble/nefarious intent towards one of our users, our community in general, or that you have a reputation for such behavior, the staff reserves itself the right to take appropriate action.
- #1: Don't be a dick.
- #2: Remain civil at all times. We want the atmosphere to remain pleasant and we want our users to feel as much "at home" as possible, free to express themselves and enjoy themselves as they see fit within reason, so long as they respect other users in the process.
- 2a. When a staff member says "stop", it's an order. If the staff believes that the current topic of discussion is too unsuitable, the staff may issue a general warning to change the topic, move the discussion to another channel, or cease talking altogether; this is not advice, this is an order that must be immediately followed. Failure to do so will be punished with immediate muting.
- #3: Show respect for others. Joking and shitposting is fine as long as you make it clear it's a joke or a shitpost, as per Poe's Law. DO NOT be caught doing any of the following (including, but not limited to): Trolling, bashing/flaming, racial or discriminatory epithets, insults and/or personal attacks aimed at another user, overly inflammatory content of any kind, or anything the staff may construe as disrespectful or harmful in general.
- 3a. Be careful with certain subjects. You can discuss politics, religion, or anything in the general category of "strong opinions," but you're not allowed to be obnoxious or inflammatory. Flame-baiting and low-quality banter will not be tolerated either. Memes will be subjected to extra scrutiny; if the staff feels they break the rules, your posts will be removed. If it looks bad, it isn't welcome.
- 3b. Anger is not justification. Acts of overt negativity, outrage, or impotent rage, no matter how justified, are not acceptable. Just because you don't like the current subject doesn't mean the subject is necessarily against the rules. If you believe someone is breaking the rules, tell the staff about it and let them handle it.
- 3c. Do not display your dirty laundry. We don't want to hear about your problems in other servers with people that are not part of our community. Please do not share chatlogs from other servers or private discussions, with the intention of insulting, slandering, or otherwise causing trouble. If you absolutely must post a chat log to illustrate a point, censor the names.
- 3d. Our server is not a venting soapbox. While we don't mind anyone discussing most subjects within reason, we do not need hundreds of posts about every last detail of your personal or intimate life. If it stops being a discussion and if it starts looking like a huge vent, you must stop. If you must vent to someone, do it in DMs.
- 3e. "Politics" is not "Subjects you disagree with." You may see subjects being discussed from people of widely varying backgrounds. If you see a discussion you disagree with, please be a responsible adult about it; either engage respectfully in the discussion, or don't engage, but do not complain about "politics" if you just disagree with what's being said.
- #4: It is absolutely forbidden to abuse any of our services (Discord server, wiki, bots, etc.) for any behavior resembling any of the following: Evasion of staff decisions, personal (e-begging), commercial or religious solicitation, posting links to other Discord servers without explicit authorization from staff, sharing of private information (see below), or any other unsolicited behavior (any behavior construed as "spam").
- In particular, we have a zero tolerance for the sharing of private personal information, for any reason whatsoever, unless under two specific exemptions: it's your own, or it's easily and publicly available (and only if doing so wouldn't break our rules or Discord TOS).
- #5: Each of our channels has a specific purpose; please try to keep relevant activity on their respective channels. In particular:
- Please keep bot usage reasonable and do not abuse bot commands. If you wish to play with bot commands a lot, please use #botspam.
- Please do not post NSFW content of any kind except in the designated channels. Please use #nsfw_club380 if you wish to post NSFW links, and follow the rules relative to the NSFW channel (see the relevant section below).
- Addendum: As per Discord Terms of Service, if you are under the age of 13, you must leave. If you are underage and we find out about it, you will be immediately removed.
NSFW channel rules
We reasonably assume that everyone on our Discord server is a responsible, reasonable, discerning and knowledgeable adult.
Access and usage of the NSFW channel is first and foremost a privilege. NSFW matters are not the primary focus of our services or our community. If you want to access #nsfw-club380, you must request access from a staff member.
The requirements you must meet are as follows:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- State your age to the staff member you're making the request to.
- If requested, you must show proof of your age.
If you meet the requirements, you will be given the NSFW pass. If you don't, you will be informed of the denial.
Rules of the NSFW channel
The general rule of thumb is that any content posted on the NSFW channel should be appreciable and appreciated by the most people possible. The key words are: "Keep it vanilla, keep it simple, keep anything else out of view and properly tagged."
The type of adult content that can be posted must follow certain rules:
- N0: The staff reserves itself the right to define what is and isn't allowed at any and all times. If you're not sure whether something is okay, then assume it falls under N3. Spoiler it and tag it.
- How to use the spoiler tag function
- "Tagging" refers to the act of warning beforehand what sort of content can be expected before you click a link, so that users who may not want to see this sort of thing have a chance to avoid it before finding out themselves.
- N1: Any content that falls under the umbrella of real-life porn, whether amateur or professional, is allowed so long as it is vanilla and appreciable by most people.
- N2: Any content that falls under the umbrella of drawn porn (hentai, etc.) is allowed as well, so long as it is vanilla, is professionally made (no badly drawn characters, no awful art), and appreciable by most people.
- N3: Any content that may generally not be considered vanilla must be de-embedded and tagged appropriately. Anything that does not fit the descriptions in N1 or N2, but is not explicitly disallowed as in N4. Consider anything you're not sure about to fall under N3.
- Forgetting to spoiler, or spoilering but forgetting to tag are both not allowed. These posts will be deleted and you will be pinged by staff for failure to do so.
- See the subcategory below for what we consider vanilla (N1/N2) and what we don't (N3).
- N4: Content that is not allowed, is against ToS or is illegal (as per US federal law).
Stances on NSFW content
We consider the following to be acceptable to post (and therefore not subject to N3):
- The broad category of "vanilla" kinks (straight/heterosexual, the most common kinks and sex acts, and anything that is generally considered to be "porn" but not "fetish porn")
- In particular: Solo males, solo females, futanari/dickgirl, traps, and any combination thereof (gay/yaoi, lesbian/yuri, futa on X/traps on X, etc.) are allowed and unrestricted.
We consider the following to fall under N3 (must spoiler + tag clearly):
- The broad category of "fetish porn", with certain exceptions that fall under N4.
- Including but not limited to: Furry, anthro, feral characters, monster girls and anything related. Context or IPs don't matter, we only judge on looks.
We consider the following to be absolutely forbidden (rule N4):
- Certain types of content which we forbid and which we ask you to take to DM. No exceptions.
- Dick pics, lewd selfies, anything that depicts you personally and knowingly.
- Guro, blood/torture, urine/scat, vore.
- Troll posts, bait posts, anything designed to intentionally skirt the rules and/or annoy staff and/or other users
- Certain types of content that is simply either illegal or against ToS:
- Loli/shota, cub art, or anything related or approaching (illegal as per Discord ToS)
- Any illegal content as per US federal law. Users found to be posting illegal content are liable to an immediate permanent ban, and any relevant information staff has on infringing users will be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
Consequences of breaking rules
The staff may see fit to do any of the following to inform an infringing user that they are breaking the rules:
- Deletion of offending posts
- Warning/Order to change the topic
- Muting (in minutes, then hours, up to a maximum of 24 hours)
- Temporary ban from the server
- Permanent ban from the server
For specific infractions related to pass-restricted channels, such as #nsfw-club380, infringing users are also liable to temporarily or permanently lose the passes allowing access to these channels.